MSI introduces the new extra thin and light mobile workstation series WS60. The notebooks are closely related to the consumer models the GS60-Ghost or -Ghost-per-series and also with a high-resolution 15.6-inch display (up to WQHD +) as well as powerful hardware fitted. In Germany the first WS60 workstations from August 2014 to be commercially available.
At market launch, MSI will offer three WS60 configurations with prices starting at 1,900 euros. The most expensive with a suggested retail price of around 2200 euros model variant is the WS60-2OJW16SR21W7P. It features an ultra-high-resolution WQHD + -IPS display (2880 x 1620 pixels), 16 gigabytes of RAM and two 128-gigabyte M.2 SSDs in RAID-0 array.
All WS60 models can, thanks to the fast Intel processor Core i7-4710HQ (Haswell-family) and the Nvidia Quadro professional graphics unit K2100M with 2 gigabytes VRAM for brisk work will be used in the office or on the go. The Quadro graphics solution is optimized by the manufacturer for over a hundred professional applications in the fields of CAD / CAM, 3D modeling and rendering or certified.
The notebook with its rugged aluminum housing is extremely flat with a maximum of 19.9 millimeters and weighs just under 2 pounds. Among the equipment highlights also include fast interfaces for data exchange as three USB 3.0 ports and a Thunderbolt 2 interface. The operating system MSI Windows 7 Professional installed before.
In addition, the WS60-range wireless communication support for dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a / ac / b / g / n and Bluetooth 4.0, comes model across with a SteelSeries keyboard, the lighting can be adjusted according to user preference , and provides a Dynaudio sound system with sound Blaster technology as well as a large multi-touch trackpad.
As a special MSI offers for all models WS60-Three years warranty with practical Pickup – & – return service.
The following are the complete technical specifications of MSI WS60 series:
• Intel ® Core ™ processor i7-4710HQ the fourth generation
• NVIDIA Quadro graphics with 2GB memory K2100M
• 15.6 “(39.6 cm) WQHD + (2880 x 1620 pixels) IPS screen with 220 ppi or
• 15.6 “(39.6 cm) Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Wide View Anti-Reflection Screen
• Super RAID: 256 GB SSD M.2 RAID 0 (2x 128GB) + 1TB data hard drive 7200rpm or
• Hybrid: 128 GB SSD + M.2 1TB data hard drive 7200rpm
• 8 or 16 GB of memory
• 1x HDMI output, 3x USB 3.0
• Thunderbolt 2 interface (Mini-DisplayPort connector) for fast data transfers and control of 4K displays (with Daisy Chain Support)
• Intel ® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 with Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / a / b / g / n and Bluetooth 4.0
• Intel Wireless Display and Miracast support
• Matrix display extended desktop on up to two additional screens
• SteelSeries keyboard with controllable lighting and Shortcut Manager software
• Large multi-touch mouse pad (105 x 70 mm)
• Dynaudio sound system with Sound Blaster ™ technology Cinema 2
• Extra lightweight, compact and robust aluminum housing
• Powerful and quiet dual-fan cooling
• Includes a sturdy protective bag
• Windows 7 Professional
• Power Supply: 150 Watt (Slim type)
• Weight: 1.96 kg (with battery)
• Dimensions: 390 (W) x 266 (D) x 19.9 (H) mm (without feet)
202 total views, 1 views today